Children learn by watching their parents – so be a positive role model
Set Good Examples for Your Kids to Develop Heart Healthy Habits:
1. Don’t smoke.
2. Avoid fried foods and “liquid sugar” (soda or sweetened beverages).
3. Limit fast food and watch portion sizes (avoid extra large portions).
4. Cut back on salt. (Limit to no more than 2,400 mg of sodium a day)
5. Strive to eat at least 2 fruits and 3 vegetables every day.
6. Maintain a healthy weight.
7. Limit television, videos and computer games to less than 2 hours per day.
8. Plan family outings that involve physical activity.
9. Encourage your kids to get involved in sports.
10.Walk or bike (rather than drive) whenever possible.
Did you know?
According to a recent survey more than
50% of 6 year old boys and girls, and about 70% of teenagers spend more than 2 hours a day in sedentary entertainment (watching TV, playing on the computer)
For more heart healthy tips for adults and fun stuff for kids visit http://www.heart-strong.com