Small changes can make a BIG difference over time. If you are trying to lose weight or just trying to eat healthier here are a couple of suggestions to gradually make some dietary changes.
1) Replace white bread with whole grain bread
2) Avoid candy instead try some dried fruit (raisins, dates, apricots)
3) Eat brown rice or wild rice instead of white rice (increases your fiber intake)
4) Instead of potato chips have baked tortilla chips or whole wheat pretzels
5) Pick up some fruit you can eat on the run (banana, grapes, apple, pear)
6) Have nonfat frozen yogurt instead of ice cream
7) When ordering pizza request extra tomato sauce, oregano, basil, add some veggies (limit or cut back on the amount of cheese)
Change is hard, so try to make gradual changes whenever possible (even one a week or one a month). A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that men who ate fish JUST ONCE A MONTH reduced their stroke risk.
For more healthy dietary tips visit www.heart-strong.com